||Fifty yards from here, in a brick building, stood the gun shop of Henning Daniel Murden (1815-1903), who, during the War Between the States, made and supplied guns and molds to Confederate troops. Like virtually all rural gun shops in the South, it was a limited operation. "Stephens Home Guards," later Col. D., 15th Ga. Inf. Reg., first company organized in Taliaferro County, was equipped with guns made by Murden. Grandson of Rev. soldier, Richard Asbury, Sr. is buried in the cemetery slightly to the east of here.
Located on US 278/GA 12 in Robinson, Georgia
GHM 131-6, 1992