||The original Episcopal Chuch building, on West Robert Toombs Avenue, was burned in a town fire in June, 1895. The altar, pews, and baptismal font were saved, and are in the present church. The building was consecrated June 21, 1896, by the third Bishop of Georgia, the Right Reverend Cleland K. Nelson. The first communion of the church was celebrated in the home of Judge Garnett Andrews. In memory of this event, his descendants gave the larger windows. The smaller rear windows were given in the memory of Madelaine Burgess Colley. The windows are executed by the noted Wilbur Herbert Burnham who designed and built the Lee and Jackson windows in the National Cathedral in Washington, D.C. The deep blue in the windows is a Burnham trademark.
12 E. Robert Toombs Avenue
Washington, Georgia 30673