||Near here, in the home of Jacob McLendon, the first Court held north of Augusta convened August 25, 1779, by order of the Executive Council of Georgia. Absalom Bedell, Benjamin Catchings, William Downs were Justices; Henry Monadue, Clerk; Joseph Scott-Riden, Sheriff. John Dooly was Attorney for the State. Grand Jurors were: Stephen Heard, Barnard Heard, George Walton, Daniel Burnett, Thomas Carter, Richard Aycock, Robert Day, John Gorham, Dionysius Oliver, Holman Freeman, Sen. Daniel Coleman, Thomas Stroud, Micajah Williamson, James McLean, Jacob Herington, William Bailey, John Glass, Charles Bedingfield.
Located on GA 44 at Sandtown Road
GHM 157-17, 1958