||The high hill on which The Cedars stands was a home-site for the Indians before the arrival of white men. Not long after the Revolutionary War, Anthony Poulain, a Frenchman of noble birth who came to the aid of Georgians against the British, built The Cedars. His son, Dr. T. N. Poulain, accompanied LaFayette on his visit to Georgia in 1825 as personal physician. There are 20 rooms in the present house, two kitchens and parlors stretching to 90 feet. In the spacious dining room are many panes of handblown glass. A cabinet contains a pair of Gen. Cornwallis' knee buckles.
Located on Sims Street at North Jefferson Street in Washington, Georgia