||Fishing Creek Baptist Church, the second of this denomination to be constituted in the upcountry of Georgia, was organized in 1782, under the leadership of the Rev. Sanders Walker, who became its first pastor. It was one of five churches represented at a meeting held at Kiokee in October, 1784, to organize the Georgia Baptist Association. In May, 1786, the Association met at Fishing Creek. The original church building stood a short distance from this site.
Located on Church Street, 0.2 miles west of junction with GA 17 in Tignall, Georgia.
Tignall United Methodist Charge